Here you can read about what Chalmers does to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and how it affects you. If you have any questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Last updated: 2021-02-04.
What can you do?
Follow the Public Health Agency of Sweden's advice, and stay updated on the links below for what applies to Chalmers teaching and Student Union activities. In general, maintain good hand hygiene and social distancing, and stay at home if you have cold symptoms (even if they are mild). Also, be aware that misinformation about the virus is spreading, so be source-critical and stick to official sources of information.
If you get sick
If you suspect that you have been infected with the coronavirus, we encourage you to get tested at your healthcare center. Västra Götaland offers free corona testing, read more on VG region's website. If you are confirmed to be corona infected, please inform styrIT about this, either via our Google form where you have the chance to remain anonymous or by contacting us via slack/email:
- email@example.com (the entire board)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (only Carolina 'Putte' Larsson)
- email@example.com (only Gustav 'Gurr' Engsmyre)
By notifying us, we can follow the spread of infection in the student division. We will handle names and emails anonymously and only use non-identifying information to be able to prevent further spread of the infection in the student division.
If you become ill, no matter what illness, there is support available. For example, you can receive sickness benefits from Försäkringskassan and lower requirements from CSN if you report sick to them. If you feel down, lonely, or feel bad about the current situation, you can turn to one of the following:
- Student welfare officer of the Student Union Board - firstname.lastname@example.org (for advice and information on where to turn)
- IT student division SAMO - email@example.com (for advice and information on where to turn)
- Your study counselor - firstname.lastname@example.org (trained in conversational support)
- Feelgood (studenthälsovården)
- The youth clinic (Ungdomsmottagningen) (If you are under 25 years old)
- Your health center
- Psychiatric emergency department in case of an urgent need for help (Journalvägen 5, 416 50 Gothenburg)
For more info about the above, follow this link.
Teaching will for the most part take place at a distance during the autumn and spring term, with some opportunity for teaching on-site. What the teaching looks like is decided by the respective course examiner in consultation with the university and its guidelines. The university sends updated information continuously to your student email.
The university also has an info page about covid-19 which is kept updated with more guidelines and information.
The Student Union's actions
The Student Union also has an info page about covid-19 where you can find current information, and tips on how to study at home.
What applies to the IT student division?
- Our student division premises Hubben and The Cloud have changed opening hours, 07:00-21:00 are the current opening hours
- Hubben has a lowered capacity of only 38 people at a time
- The student division cancels all physical events until further notice (with the exception of outdoor sport events by frITid with 8 people as maximum participants, organizers included, and where social distancing is a requirement).
We closely follow the development of events and will adjust decisions as needed.